One of the things to do today is to compose a bucket list. Perhaps I have a very simple mind or am very satisfied with my life but as I start this writing, I don’t have one. Perhaps, I could write down my list in retrospect. Maybe because I’m one of the older Sidetracked Sisters, I have already accomplished some of the items that would be on my “Bucket List”. Let me give that a try:
- See Europe ✔
- Visit New York City and the East Coast ✔
- Live in California and enjoy all its benefits ✔
- Return to Beaver Dam and be back with my family ✔
- Spend time in Door County on Lake Michigan at my family’s cottage ✔
- Find my soulmate and know the feeling of wedding bliss ✔
- Have a family of my own ✔
- Have a home in a great neighborhood that I can call my safe harbor and my happy place ✔
- Participate in a Podcast and Blog that I can help to grow to success ✔
- If I go back to work for practical reasons, find a job that I truly enjoy ✔
Part of my issue with a bucket list is that I find it easy to say what I don’t want. What I do want is so much more difficult.
Is it possible that I’m living the dream for real and just don’t know it? I love my life. I love my family. I love where I live and if I had to kick the bucket (no pun intended) I could actually live with that.
Oops…. wait a minute. Now that I’ve primed the pump and started thinking a bit deeper, some new ideas are popping into my mind. Could it be that I really do have a few things I want to do? A second bucket list? Here it goes:
- Take cooking lessons and learn to make some fun and tasty, ethnic dishes like Chinese food; Mexican dishes; French pastries; the right way to prepare seafood like lobster, crab and scallops; and Italian cuisine.
- Establish self-discipline
- Meditate daily
- Spend time daily being mindful
- Take up simple Yoga and help my body move and stretch
- Be part of a family compound in Door County on Lake Michigan
How about that? Maybe I have a new bucket list starting after all! Stay tuned!!!!!